Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wonderstruck

I am in complete and total awe at the stunning love I feel when God gently pulls me closer. It's mind-blowingly amazing, and I'm just bursting at the seams in happiness. 



Jesus, our God, Great and mighty to be praised.
And praise I shall, from the depths of my heart. I keep throwing myself down in front of the cross when I'm praying, realizing that I am a horrible person, and so incredibly grateful that the blood of Jesus covers me. I understand His role as Mediator so much more now than I ever have before. When I feel I am lacking in something (a character trait perhaps), I can call on His name, and He comes to my rescue. Teaching me how to do the things I am not strong enough to do on my own. Guiding me in a path of holiness that I alone could never attain. Jesus is my mentor.

God of all days, glorious in all of Your ways.
Oh and God is truly glorious. The magnitude of His magnificence is immeasurable in words. I have always considered Him as a loving Father, welcoming me into His arms in comfort. For the first time in my life, I've felt a sternness. I am forced to use Jesus as my liaison. God still listens, but I've been fed the lie that He has turned His face from me. I'm sinking into His presence, knowing Him more daily, but still yearning for more.

Your majesty, the wonder and grace, in the light of Your name.
So I come back into the fold, reconciled with God by the blood of Christ. Calling on the name of Jesus to intercede on my behalf. It's the perfect relationship, completely beyond those in this world. To be awed by God, to be forgiven, and cleansed of all stain. 

I think perhaps we are like the white wall of my favorite visual sleep-aid. It works by placing a white wall in front of your line of vision, and keeping it from becoming cluttered with words, images, or colors. It's actually quite frustrating, because our tendency is to transmit our thoughts onto that blank canvas. I find myself repeatedly clearing it, until I become frustrated. The next thing I know, I'm waking up...so it works! The comparison comes because I am like that white wall, trying desperately hard to stay clean, but constantly messing it up, only to have to erase and start over. God promises that our sin will be forgotten when we repent with all our heart. We are only horrible people when we refuse to accept God's perfect presence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment