Monday, March 12, 2012

All My Single Ladies

This is personal...

If you don't desire to read my dirty laundry, then just stop now. Although it will be somewhat watered down because I don't care enough to vent vehemently, I've still just had enough at this point.

I'm on MAN-BBATICAL.

Officially! In July I blogged about how I wanted to stay single to serve God, then in October I went on and on about how ready I am to get married and start a family. Can I have it BOTH ways???? 

My "ex's" have started to get nicknames (that aren't so nice), which just goes to show how completely fed up I am with the caliber of men in my life over the past couple of years. In response to this, I am done dating for a good long while. We shall call it an undetermined amount of time. On one hand, I'm tempted to say August 2013 (which is when I graduate from seminary)...let's be honest, my schedule doesn't really leave time for a relationship. On the other...I get bored easily. *sigh* It's the truth. 

I am done being an option.

I am done trying when the other person doesn't.

I am done opening up my heart to men who don't protect it.

I am done texting, calling, playing house.

I am done pretending it's something it's not.

I am done being unequally yoked.

I am done pouring out my feelings to my once best friend about how hurt I am only to go unanswered.

I am simply done...

My limit for BS (yup, went there) has been getting shorter and shorter in this area as I've gotten older. I want something very specific. It is made up of all the trite little comments about the kind of man Godly women should want: a spiritual leader, chasing after God, running beside me, pursuing me in holiness, treating me like the daughter of THE King. 

Like I said, it's personal, but I know a lot of fantastic women who deal with the same thing, and beautiful sisters in Christ, let me just tell you something....

IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!

We already have the perfect example of love, and He'll give you everything you need. He will woo you passionately, completely, for all you are, and for all you are not. He will not disrespect you, He will never ignore your calls or texts, He will never ask for your body without protecting your soul, He will never treat you as anything other than you are...

So! I am going on a man-cation until my birthday, officially (maybe longer)...if you want to join in on the "only God" experience, I'll be happy to be an accountability person in your life!!!!

Remember how great it is to not have to share your affection and love with anyone other than God???


No comments:

Post a Comment