Thursday, March 1, 2012

Disconnect

It's been over a week since I've written anything, and the absence is most definitely a part of what is happening to me.

To me...

Interesting choice of words that I seldom use. For me, in me, around me...all are common statements that I make. Obviously I'm overwhelmingly busy. In the midst of the insanity in my life right now, however, is the most disturbing feeling of being unable to get to God.

Reading the Bible: only for school.
Prayer life: dismal.
Worship: going through the motions.
Joy: non-existent.
Attitude: negative.

His Presence is always this powerful thing in my world, and here lately, I can't really feel it. I absolutely KNOW that this has nothing to do with Him, because He is always the same, and that it's something within me. I'm also positive that this is some new and distracting form of spiritual warfare designed to deter me from God's awesome plan in my life.

But it sucks...really, really sucks.

So I'm at lamenting, begging, and trying to take from my school-oriented reading of Job something applicable to my situation. It's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment