Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Time for...Isolation

It's new, it's here, it's freaking me out a little.

I'm entering a new season, and I know it's going to be one of those "alone" seasons. You know the kind...where for whatever reason, God needs you all to Himself to mold you, teach you, embrace you, build you, prune you. The possibilities are endless, but everyone probably knows the feeling. That 'Oh Yeah' time. I went through one of these last year, but apparently I didn't get quite what I needed out of it.

Does the fact that we know it's coming make it any better? No, I think it actually makes it more anxiety laden, because we know how hard things can *potentially* get.

So I'm sitting here, mentally exhausted, putting to bed the paper I didn't finish on time, to do tomorrow, so that I can just sit, and soak, and praise, and worship, and lament a little, and read His Word...I am going to need every bit of Him I can possibly get.

He is always faithful...

Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.--Genesis 28:15

Yeah, I'm afraid....but I'm going to give it all to the One who can make it all good. His promise is REAL, it is enduring, it is as old as Jacob. It's for now, too, because God has spoken promises into my life that will  come to fruition. Into every single one of us!!!!!! He has us, in all situations, in all trials, and He is always with us, even when we are being attacked.

This is the faith that moves mountains, but it is also the faith that helps us to climb them.

No comments:

Post a Comment