Saturday, November 19, 2011

Early Morning Miracle

I realize perhaps it's a small thing, but to me, it was huge! Allow me to give you a little background information. Several months ago, God answered a very specific prayer for me: I needed more time to study, and time with Him. The answer: goodbye full-time job with benefits...goodbye safe salary. Needless to say, I have been learning to trust in Him for financial provision, which has been scary, to say the least. Yeah, I get student loans, but seriously, sometimes things are just tight.

Therefore, I started donating plasma a couple of weeks ago. Money is money, and that's the equivalent of two tanks of gas a week. So this morning, I was on my way at 6:30 to give away said plasma. I knew that my car was on empty, and I also knew that I didn't have a dime to my name (let alone a penny), so I just trusted that it would work out ok. As my car ran out of gas a few miles from my house, I realized exactly how far I can go once the red warning light comes on.

As I pulled my car off the road, I couldn't figure out how to turn on the hazard lights. So I'm sitting there in my car, it's cold, out of gas, at 6:48am, googling where the switch is located on my car. I really can't think of anyone to call, because it's so early! After turning on the hazard lights, still incredibly calm, I just started praying.

Jesus, please send me a good Samaritan.

A woman stopped, named Christina (of course) and asked if I had called anyone. At this point, I started to cry, because I knew my prayer had been answered. I told her my little story, and she told me she was going to run home, get a gas can, fill it up and come back. She was so incredibly kind, and I just couldn't stop crying. She also gave me $10 to get more gas.

I wasn't crying because I was upset, but for the simple fact that He is so freaking faithful! Here I am, completely dependent, and boom, He answers my prayer the minute it goes up. It's a tiny thing, like I already said, and maybe some people will scoff at this story. The reality, however, is that it's the little things like this, the small answered prayers, that touch me the most, and make me realize that He is in EVERY SINGLE part of our lives. He wants every piece of us, and when we let go, and give it up, He provides perfectly.

Our God is AWESOME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment