Wednesday, March 14, 2012

You're Gonna Have to Run

I had a dream Saturday night...a real scare-the-pants-off-me-spiritual-warfare-are-you-for-real-that-was-so-weird kind of dream.



Its the middle of the night, and I drive my car up to a cemetery...one of those century old types with chipped marble headstones and tall wrought iron fencing. I'm aware that inside the cemetery are men from my church: pastors, leaders, etc...strong spiritual men of God is the impression that I get, although I only recognize one. It's one of the associate pastors at my church, who happens to be very prophetic. As I approach this group, I have a sense that something darkly spiritual is going on, although I'm not particularly worried. The one that I recognize wraps his arms around my shoulders from behind and locks them, like a backwards hug. This is the part where I thought, "ok weird, but it's a dream, so maybe he's just being supportive." Then, he climbed on my back and said these words to me:

YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO RUN...

Um...what?????

As I took off running with this grown man on my back, the fear started to overwhelm me. I'm running from something (maybe the devil), and I'm carrying all this weight (of someone who represents spiritual leadership), and all I can see is darkness.

It's at this point that I suddenly wake up, and without opening my eyes because I'm terrified there's going to be a demon in my room looming over my bed, the first word out of my mouth is Jesus, followed by a multitude of Scripture. The minute I say His name, half of my anxiety disappears, and as I continue to squeeze closed my eyes and pray, the rest subsides fairly quickly. I finally open my eyes, calm, and say, "Well that was weird," roll over and go back to sleep.

Although I'm ending rather abruptly, I'm still mulling over all of this. The next morning at church, I spoke with this pastor about my dream. Look for the continuation over the next few days.

Be blessed my friends!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment