Saturday, February 18, 2012

Being Wooed

He will quiet you with His love...Zephaniah 3:17

God's love....what is it???

I am fully aware that it manifests differently for each person based on their unique, personal relationship with God. For me, it's more like a romance...hear me out. A lot of people like to think of God as the Father, and I definitely do, but it's so much more! As a female especially, there is a part of God's love that is a sweet wooing. As a matter of fact, the word woo means to sue for the affection of and usually marriage with. He is absolutely seeking my affection, and we know that the church is the bride of Christ. Those two statements are easily fulfilled in His love!

I have heard it said many times that our earthly conception of fatherhood is not even close to applicable to God's true role as our father. I think that's very true. In a perfect world, with a Godly father who embodies everything that it should be, there would be a part in a woman's life where he courts his daughter to teach her about how the man in her life one day should and will treat her. For some of us that didn't have fathers like that, God comes in that place and makes it the sweetest love affair imaginable.

He wraps his overwhelming presence around me sometimes, like the most intimate embrace that flows like a warm current to every nerve ending. He gives me gifts that astound me and blow my mind with their absolute perfection and benefit. He answers my prayers as requests of the deepest places of my heart when I ask with childlike innocence and faith. He fights my battles, slays my dragons, and defends my honor. He pursues me with a steadfast and passionate love, and teaches me that this is how I should expect any man that wishes to be my husband to treat me.

He doesn't hurt my feelings, let me down, or make me cry. And while there are definitely physical aspects that He obviously does not fulfill....the love that He showers on me is breathtaking, romantic, and brilliant. He woos me like a devoted father to his daughter, showing her what she is worth. It's the greatest love story I will ever experience.

I'd rather be here with You, my King than anywhere else on earth...This pleasure with You is greater than anything this world can offer me...Forever and a Day (Bethel)


No comments:

Post a Comment