Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Can't Commit

I have commitment issues in a lot of areas, but today, I'm concerned about one particular area: finding a church home.

Why is this so hard????

It's like a wheel of fortune of church attendance. Every week I think I've found it, then as Sunday gives way to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I start to feel a discontent. I don't even know what I'm looking for. Maybe just "that" feeling that I'm in the right place..which I have had slivers of.

Maybe I'm waiting for that feeling I had the first time I attended Liberty....which is preposterous, because I was in a different place.

I want the music to be just right, the preaching to be deep and inspiring, the people to be like me....



Am I shopping for shoes or a church?????

A couple painful truths:

  • I enjoy flitting around the periphery because I have zero intention of staying in East Texas.
  • I'm not sure I want to be part of a worship team because I'm writing songs and would rather put together a band to jam with privately.
  • I'm avoiding the church I really liked because I don't want to get stuck there.
I have done some article reading about this process, and have read that some people have done this for over a year...over a year?!?!?!? 

I keep asking God what I should do....silence...

It's Sunday, so here I go again, a new church, new music, new teaching, new experience....

No comments:

Post a Comment