Sunday, September 9, 2012

After All

Sometimes we don't even realize that we're in a spiritual wasteland. It creeps in, subtly at first, just a little distance here, and forgetting to pray there, and then suddenly, we realize that we're standing alone on an island. As we look around and wonder in befuddlement how we got there, it dawns on us that we just drifted there.

I can't comprehend Your infinitely beautiful and perfect love

It's not like I've backslid into an overtly sinful place. But it's not a place of passion, either. And maybe it's the church that I was working with, or the secular music I've been listening to, or the reading focused more on intellectual study than personal revelation, or a lack of spiritual covering, or not making specific time every day to pray, but my relationship with God has stagnated these past few weeks.

You are holy

I'm happy to be back at the church I was attending.
I'm content to experience worship in the back pew.
I've downloaded some new (old) music.
My hermeneutics text is not the Bible.
Please pray over me if you're reading this.
I need morning devotional time.

Thank you, David Crowder* Band, for giving me a song to put on repeat that shakes me out of my trance.

Heaven and earth are full, full of Your glory, glory
My soul it overflows, full of Your glory,Your glory
Oh blessed is He who reigns, full of Your glory, Your glory
My cup it CAN'T contain all of Your glory, Your GLORY!!!!


Enjoy and thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment