Thursday, July 21, 2011

Teen Challenge



I started praying Saturday, because I had no idea what I was going to say to these women recovering from all kinds of problems in life. On Sunday, I kept coming across Romans 8:28...

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

So I prayed some more, and read the entire book of Romans, and ended up getting some outlining done for a message on sin and righteousness, which ended up not feeling right at all. I did, however, learn a new Greek word that I feel in love with.




It's hamartia and its literal translation is to "miss the mark", and it's used in the Bible to refer to sin. I love the fact that the phrase "to miss the mark" denotes sinning. What a perfect way to describe it!

So I'm just going to post the outline for the message I gave. What really was the most amazing part, was that these women kept coming up to me afterwards, and some of the things they said to me:

The things you said, that's my LIFE....

I'm battling depression, and I want to be free....will you pray for me?

I need strength to finish this program, please pray for me?

May we pray for you?



I was so moved and thankful that God answered my prayers like HE always does. That he provided the words in my mouth that were not my own. I deviated from the outline I planned, I said things I hadn't meant to, used illustrations that weren't planned, skipped scripture I had planned to share. But there was this moment, where I felt this fire churning up in my body, and I knew that His spirit was about to take over, and I was grateful. I don't want to be anything other than an instrument for Him to speak to others. I don't want the words to be mine, I only want them to be HIS. It was perfect. I can't wait to go back and get to know these women on a weekly basis, to teach them about the Bible, to teach them how to be like Jesus. In speaking with several of them, it seems like they desire to spend more time in His Word, so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to teach them how to be disciples! 

God is so faithful....and perfect, and if I were to try to thank Him for every good thing in my life, I would die before I got done talking!





No comments:

Post a Comment