Friday, June 3, 2011

My Job for God?

The Martyr of St. Peter

Most of the apostles were martyred for standing up for Jesus. Jesus himself was crucified, according to God's plan. We all die, so why shouldn't we die for the one true King?


This is something I'm actually struggling really hard with at this time. My work has pretty much forbidden me from talking about my studies in seminary school and all things religious. I have a huge problem with this, because it's my responsibility to witness, no matter where I am. I never deny Jesus, so I'm not breaking the statement he set forth in Matthew 10:33--


But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My father who is in heaven.

I want to talk about Jesus, and God, and the Holy Spirit. And I want to feel like I'm not being censored. I have the right to practice religious freedom, and I have the right to talk about it at work....right? And if not, why shouldn't I risk my job to do what God has commanded of me? I would rather enter the kingdom of my Father knowing that I stood my ground and stated my beliefs, and put myself out there for the One I love. The great disciples and apostles gave their LIVES for Him. I trust implicitly that the Lord protects me and provides for me, and that everything I do has a purpose by His will.

I want to tell the world about God. I want to share the good new of Jesus. I want to let everyone know how much I love my Father, and how much He loves me. And how much He loves all of us. That's the purpose of the great commission Jesus gave his own apostles. I want to do no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment