Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Notice of Resignation


The official resignation letter:
Due to recent events, I no longer wish to remain with CVS/Pharmacy. As a Christian I feel persecuted by being asked to remain silent at the threat of losing my job. After the intense conversations of the last few weeks, being scheduled to work on a Sunday was the last form of discrimination I am willing to endure. My faith requires me to testify, no matter where I am, and if in doing that I will lose my job, that is a sacrifice I must make. However, to avoid that, I am actively seeking to end my employment.
I realize that finding and training another person takes a fair amount of time, therefore, I am willing to extend my notice beyond the standard 2 weeks upwards to 4-6 weeks, with July 31 being the very last day of my employment. I will abide by the ultimatum given to me about speaking of religion during this time, but I ask that I do not be scheduled to work on Sunday, as this is the Lord’s Day.
I fully understand that a business must be run smoothly with the personalities of all involved meshing well to create a productive environment that is both profitable and functional for the company. I have enjoyed my time with CVS, but I refuse to sacrifice my God for my job.
I pray that you will be able to find someone experienced and knowledgeable to replace me, that the business continues to grow and thrive, and that every employee I have met will experience happiness and joy in their lives. I will miss some of my favorite customers the most, as I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them. Realize this has not been an easy decision for me, but one that I have no other choice to make, in light of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment