Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Favorite Holiday

I don't do New Year's resolutions.



Mainly because I realize that we set ourselves up for failure expecting so much just because the earth circled the sun one more time. I do, however, love the concept of a new year, and a fresh start. I've always said that New Year's Day was my favorite holiday, and it still is. I make it a lazy day, a day of reflection, and a day of expecting big things for the next year. Maybe it's kinda silly, but for me, it's like a big RESET button that comes around every 365 days.

As the day draws near, I still feel that new thing lingering on God's horizon for me.

About 4 months ago, I ordered several books from Amazon, and one of them sat on the shelf until this week. Blame it on school, or whatever, but I've realized it is (as always) God's perfect timing. It's a book about fasting, and I'm torn writing this, because I'm remembering Jesus' words in Matthew 6:16-18 about not fasting for outward appearances, and I'm most definitely not. The funny little thing about this timing, is that the author of the book leads a corporate fast at his church at the start of every new year. I am inspired, to begin my own.

I'm not going to be specific, because this is my thing with and for God, but I'm eagerly looking for clarification in my life. I am confident that I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now, and that God has richly blessed me in the last couple of months (my whole life truthfully). However, I feel as if I'm on autopilot, without knowing my destination.

There are a few prayers I'd like answered as well. I just feel the need to push in right now, to go deeper, to saturate myself in His presence as much as possible.

New Year, new start...make it count!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment